Digital Community Coordinator: Community & Wellbeing
35 hours per week
Are you a great people person with excellent IT skills? Would you like to be part of a new adventure? We are currently looking to recruit a Digital Champion to run our brand new You Can Do IT! Programme which is a new initiative to support Bedfordshire residents to connect digitally to improve their health and wellbeing.
To be successful you will need to be a motivated friendly person with great IT skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels and ages. We are a quirky, diverse Charity with amazing staff and some great projects. If you are ambitious with a desire to progress within a growing company, now is the time to join our team
The position is full time.
- motivate and inspire residents/ referred clients to make the most of digital technology, principally to improve their health.
- support them to develop their basic digital skills such as surfing the internet, emails, social media, online banking or joining a health appointment via an online platform. Training may be delivered in a range of community settings, a group or on a 1:1 basis.
- develop a device loan scheme for residents unable to provide their own.
- recruit and train volunteers who can act as Digital Buddies in their community, cascading the above training.
We need candidates to have
- great communication skills and an ability to transfer information to others
- a high level of IT literacy
- project Management experience
- experience of working with the Community
- great written and oral skills
- full driving license, own vehicle and be happy to travel throughout Bedfordshire
Our Benefits Include
33 days holiday per year including public/ bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Staff discount after completion of probationary period
Staff training and development
Free Car Parking
Job Types: Full-time, 2 year fixed term contract.
Closing date for completed applications is 9.00am, Monday 27 September, 2021.
The face to face interviews will be held in Cardington on Monday 4 October, 2021.
If you’d like a chat about the post please contact Kate Ellis on 07948 417042 or firstname.lastname@example.org