35 hours/week Salary £26,446 (SCP20) (Initial contract to March 2024, with extension subject to funding).
Do you have a passion for finding practical ways to enhance the lives of people facing complex life situations? Could you help us to pioneer a new approach to supporting people in their local community?
BedsRCC has been commissioned to provide Social Prescribing across the county and we are currently seeking to recruit Community Wellbeing Champions to deliver this service in Central Bedfordshire.
The BedsRCC Social Prescribing service ensures that people with a range of non-medical needs affecting their health are cared for and included within their local communities, by connecting them with Good Neighbour and Village Care schemes and/or other local activities and services. You will work alongside health and care professionals in a Locality to identify suitable referrals; and help service users to identify and achieve their goals by means of a simple support plan. You will also build relationships with local community groups, and build community capacity to meet identified gaps in provision.
The role is initially offered on a contract to March 2024 (*subject to confirmation at time of interview). Provided that follow-on funding is confirmed and subject to performance, we anticipate that the contract will be extended.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a range of interpersonal, team working and problem solving skills, as well as a high level of IT literacy. You will have a strong commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable people, and will have previously helped people to address their life goals and needs.
You will be able to ‘hit the ground running’ and be able to manage multiple priorities effectively within a fast moving environment. You will have a full driving licence and be prepared to work occasional weekends / evenings.
In the interests of finding the best possible candidates, we will consider applications for:
- job share (where a role is shared by two people applying together)
- job split (where a role is split on a part-time basis between two or more people applying separately)
- secondment from other organisations An enhanced DBS check is required.
Outline terms and conditions
- Period: until March 2024, with possible extension subject to funding.
- Working hours: 1589 hours per annum before holidays, based on 35 hours/week
- The role will require a combination of some Home working, working form BRCC’s offices at Cardington and working in your allocated Locality, within Central Bedfordshire.
- Salary: £26,446 per annum, pro rata (subject to anticipated cost of living increase) plus matched pension contribution of up to 4%
- Expenses: Mileage is paid at 45p/mile for car users
- Holidays: 231 hours holiday per annum pro rata, which includes all Bank / Public Holidays
- Line management: the post reports to the Community Wellbeing Champion – Area lead.
To apply, please send:
to Kate Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to BRCC, The Old School, Cardington, Bedford MK44 3SX.
The Job Description and Person Specification for the role are below.
Please indicate clearly in your supporting statement if you are applying to work on a job share, part-time or secondment basis.
The application deadline is Tuesday 7th June 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a face to face interview on either Tuesday 14th June or Thursday 16th June 2022.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact Kate Ellis Head of Community & Wellbeing on 07948 417024, please note Kate Ellis will be available for a discussion from Monday 23rd May onwards.