Warden Abbey Vineyard
Bedfordshire Rural Communities Charity now lease the vineyard in an ambitious project to provide a unique community and educational resource.
The community vineyard is a not-for-profit venture. We work with other local charities, organisations and local schools to offer:
- a unique setting for horticultural therapy
- learning and skills development
- help for people into employment or voluntary work
- a range of volunteering opportunities for local people and community groups, and a great chance to be involved from vine to wine
- wildlife and heritage projects
- a secure future for this historic vineyard.
As well as offering a range of formal courses, BRCC also hopes to provide opportunities for the whole community to get involved.
Set in a beautiful and historic location, there is tremendous scope to explore the site’s heritage, whilst improving wildlife habitats. All at a time when English wines are really coming into their own!